Register with Employment Exchange in India
Employment Exchange is an office that is governed by the central and state government. The primary purpose of the office is to collect information about prospective employers and furnish it or make it available for prospective employers. This makes it easy for job seekers to find a suitable job and the industry to find the required manpower. An employment card is provided to those who have registered with the Employment Exchange.
Benefits to Register with Employment Exchange
The Employment Exchanges are now renamed as Employment Guidance and Promotion centers because they focus on vocational guidance and career counseling apart from registration, submission, and placement. Benefits of registering with the Employment Exchange include
- It is useful for job seekers to search for suitable jobs depending on their qualification
- The job –seeker would be able to know their status and the probable length of time by which they are likely to get the job
- You can use the unique registration number provided by Employment Exchange that can be used as a reference when you apply for the jobs, especially, government jobs
- The registered members with a suitable educational profile would be given preference in the order of the registration in case of vacancies in government jobs.
- The employers can post the vacancies in their organization and choose from the registered candidates
- The private sector organization that employs about 10-24 persons necessarily has to compulsorily notify the vacancies as per the Employment Exchange Act 1959. This is in a bid to take cognizance of the number of persons employed in the organized sector.
How to Register with Employment Exchange Online?
The process involved in the registration of candidates in the Employment Exchange online include
- Visiting the state employment exchange website
- If you are a new member you have got to create your account
- Select the name of the district
- Follow the instructions that are given in the state portal.
- Fill in the details that are required in the profile form.
- When the form is submitted, you would receive an acknowledgment that contains the registration number, registration date and the name of the Employment exchange is generated.
- This acknowledgment can be printed and used for future preference.
- Produce all the relevant certificates related to education, caste, experience, sports, proof of residence, freedom fighter, widow, ex-serviceman, etc, you need to produce Medical board/CMO in case of handicapped. There might also be other certificates that you have got to produce that may vary from state to state in the Employment Exchange.
- You also have to provide one of the following documents as residence proof which includes
- Voter ID card
- Ration card
- Certificate from sarpanch or municipal corporation
- Proof of job in the state of either of the parents
- Education certificate
- Letter from the school head or gazetted officer
- Domicile certificate
- Certificate from MLA/MP
On submission of all the certificates and details, you would get the registration card carrying the registration number with the date of renewal.
How to Register with Employment Exchange Offline?
In order to register in the Employment Exchange offline, you would have to visit the nearest Employment Exchange.
- Visit the Employment Exchange office near your area of residence and fill up the required application form.
- It is better to take the education and experience certificates along with the required application form. You need to get a resume as well.
- Caste certificate (optional) and photographs
- Experience certificate If you have worked already.
- The identity documents include any one of the documents like voter’s identity card, ration card, birth certificate, domicile certificate, passport, etc.
- Once the registration is done the registration number would be issued.
FAQ’s About Employment Exchange in India
Q: In which employment exchange should you register for a job?
Ans: A person can register only in the Employment Exchange under the jurisdiction in which the person usually resides.
Q: Is Dual registration permitted?
Ans: Dual registration is not permitted. It is looked upon as a penal offence. But, professional and executive qualifications can register his/her name in the professional and executive employment office as well as retain their registration at the local employment exchanges.