How to Apply for Passport Application Online in India?
The passport application online has indeed speeded up the process of getting the passport and has made it easy to apply for the same. A passport is the travel document issued by the government of India. It is a document meant for use during international travel to authenticate the identity and nationality of the person.
Steps to be followed to Apply for a Passport Online
The passport application online is a simple process that consists of easy to follow steps. There are about 424 POPSKS that are operational in India to provide passport Seva. The Passport Seva online has been designed in such a way that it delivers the passport and relative services such as renewal, reissue, etc in a timely and transparent manner. You can get normal and tatkal passports by making a passport application online. Tatkal refers to Passport application online for the allotment of passport on a preferential basis within a day or two in case of such sudden requirement.the steps to be followed in the passport application online include
- Visiting the passport Seva portal : passportindia.gov.in
- Clicking on the register now the option
- Log in with credentials that include the passport application online login ID.
- Click on Apply for Fresh Passport/ Reissue of Passport link.
- Fill in the details that are required for the passport application online.
- Check the details and press the submit button.
- Click on the Pay and schedule appointment button on the page to pay a fee and schedule an appointment. the payment methods that are acceptable include credit or debit card (master card, visa), Internet banking (SBI and its associates), SBI Bank Challan
- Click on Prit Application Receipt To get the same. the passport application online receipt would consist of details such as the Application reference number known as ARN/ appointment number.
- Carrying the application receipt is not mandatory at present. You would be receiving an SMS with all the appointment details. this is accepted as the proof for an appointment time for the passport application that is made online.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra or the Regional passport office along with the original documents that are required on the date and time of appointment.
- In case of a request for re-issue of passport, you need to click on the reissue of passport button on the homepage to do the same.
- Te steps are almost the same. however, you need to provide details about your previous passport in the format in which it has been listed.
- In case the passport is rejected due to some reason, re-application for passport can be made only after 90 days from the submission of passport application online.
How to Apply for Diplomatic Passport/Official Passport Online?
The steps involved in getting the diplomatic passport by applying online include
- Visiting the passport Seva portal and registering
- Log in with the credentials
- Click on Apply for diplomatic or official passport link
- You would find the passport application online meant for this purpose
- Fill in the details and click on the submit button.
- You can take a printout of the filled-in application using the view/pint submitted form option. Alternatively, it can be viewed on the saved/ submitted Applications page as well.
- Visit the Consular, Passport and visa division at Patiala House, New Delhi or any other passport office closer to your present address. Original documents are required for the issue of the passports as well as the printed copy of the application with the appointment date and time.
- The passport would be issued after verification of the passport application online as well as all the documents that are mandatory are provided.
FAQ’s About Passport
Q: Who should apply for Diplomatic passports
Ans: The diplomatic passports are issued only to people who hold diplomatic status and have been deputed abroad on official duty by the Government of India.
Q: How fast can you get the tatkal passport?
Ans: Once the applicant furnishes the required documents,tatkal passports would be issued within 1-3 days after that. Earlier appointment time and quicker processing time are the features of the tatkal passport application online.
Q: What are the original documents you have to carry to the passport office?
Ans: The documents that you have to carry with you to the appointment at the passport office include proof of address, passbook front page of your running bank account in public or private sector bank, voter ID, proof of gas connection, Spouse’s passport copy, Income tax assessment order etc or any other document that might be specified from time to time.